Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default DB connectors

Karl Townsend wrote:
DoN wrote:
Some possibilities above -- depending on which style of crimp
you need.

DoN, I've only got four pins to connect so the ribbon option is out.
This is a one time job so I don't want to spend a fortune. I'd like to
buy the tool on eBay, if you wouldn't mind pointing out the correct
tool.

See my other response to your other post.

DoN, I've been surfing for crimp tool and found this:
http://www.dataaccessories.com/dsub.html

The pins sure look like a molex type to me on the page. Anyway, I'll
pop for $50 if this solves my little problem.

The pins have the same form factor, aspect ratio, etc. as Molex pins,
but they're about 1/2 to 1/3 the size. And all the Molex pins I've seen have
been tin-plated, while most D-sub pins I've seen are either brassy or gold
plated.

By this time, I'd have ordered some pins and shells (be sure you get the
right male/female combination) and squashed them with my needle-nose
pliers. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich