Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gage block set question...

Gerald Miller wrote:

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 19:36:44 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

I still have the tack hammer that I made in 9th grade metal shop. ;-)

I came home from woodshop after the first day and said to Dad
"They have straight nails!"

Back in the day, if I made something from scratch, I had to first
make my own scratch.

I had a neighbor with a produce stand when i was 10. All my lumber
came from produce crates.

About 50 years later, a lot comes from old pallets.

There used to be a waiting list at the local grocery store for orange
crates. IIRC the owner used to charge ten cents for them. Many a
kitchen was set up with orange crate cupboards with curtains for
doors. Occasionally they even got a coat of whitewash or possibly even
paint if there happened to be some left over from another project.

I have to replace the doors on my kitchen cabinets. I'm looking for
a used planer, so I can make them out of scrap pallets.

enough left over to pay them.