Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gage block set question...

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Michael A. Terrell writes:

Before the economy imploded I was picking up some 4' * 12' pallets
they shipped A/C units on. I could only haul a couple at a time,
because they were so big but the place was next door to a business that
I was doing free IT work for. I still have quite a few 4" and 6" wide,
12' long boards from them.

Hoarding is a species of mental illness. Often found in metalworking
enthusiasts, who like to make instead of buy, involving a neurotic block
against spending money and/or a euphoria from saving money.

In my case it's either make it, or do without.

I had occasion recently to use a wall-wart power supply saved from 30 years
ago. Rather sobering to get that box of stuff down off the shelf and
realize that in those decades I had collected dozens of such items and (re)
used exactly one.

I have over 500 of them, but I use a lot of them.

enough left over to pay them.