Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Brown Paper Bag Final Sanding?

On Nov 5, 12:32*am, -MIKE- wrote:
On Nov 3, 2:11 pm, *wrote:

I remember talking to a friend of mine who does auto paint jobs and
custom helmets and hockey masks. He said that on the occasion he can't
find any 2000-ish grit for his final inspection wet sanding, he'll just
grab some printer paper.

I used it again today, to knock the dust off of the spray satin topcoat
I put over the dye.
Was faster than a synthetic buffing pad I normally use.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

One of my guys used to, and I emphasize 'used to' clean his glasses
with paper shop towels. Scratched the ****e out of the coating on his
polycarbonate lenses. Paper is fibre. Fibres have 'ends' on
them...those are scratchy. Do not use TP to blow your nose for any
extended period of time during a cold, you'll end up looking like WC
Fields.