Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Large IDE drives not compatable with old systems

On 11/4/2010 8:38 PM Franc Zabkar spake thus:

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 21:56:51 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Would need to be done in a PC, bit for Bit copy. But I'm not sure
if you need to clone it without me knowing the file system.

A bit-for-bit copy doesn't care about the file system. It's a physical
clone rather than a logical one.

.... which should more properly be called a "sector-by-sector" copy. It's
not as if you need to move each bit individually; that's handled
deeeeeep down in the drive's firmware.