Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Just a few thou can ruin a joint.

"Upscale" wrote

All this stuff about being overpriced and unnecessary overlooks several
things. The first is that similar joints made by me in the past were
poorly done. Obviously, that's my fault because I hadn't learned the
proper procedures. Now with the Kerfmaker my joints are exceptional. Maybe
I might be criticised for spending my money and taking what some might
call a shortcut. But, now I have the confidence and ability to construct
them well and will do so. Isn't that the most important thing in
woodworking, to build ever better constructed projects? Doesn't matter so
much as how you get there, just that you find a means to do so.

It is an old maxim, but it is true. You can tell how good a woodworker is
by the quality of his joints.

That means that you just became a much better woodworker.

Or...., a good facsimile thereof.