Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Large IDE drives not compatable with old systems

snip

I am in regular contact with the Roland Service Dept. UK. They do not
have a specific solution, though are very helpful. This is, after all, an
obsolete piece of equipment, designed for a 40Gb hard drive, that worked
very well. Shame you can't buy the drives any more.

It would be rather neat, though, to find a working solution!

Gareth.

Interestingly, I needed a 40GB HDD just last week to repair a Fostex
multitracker. Like you, I was struggling to find one until a friend of mine
who runs a computer repair shop, pointed me at a local computer recycler
that he knew. He had 40GB drives "coming out of his ears" was his exact
phrase, and was only too happy to let me relieve him of one for free. My
computer repair mate said that he usually had them stacked up as well, left
over from upgrades, and would have been able to help me had he not just had
a big clear-out a few days before !

Any computer repair shops or recycling agencies in your area that you could
try, Gareth ?

Arfa