Lee Blaver

Default Swapping meter tails - no consumer fuse

wrote:
In uk.d-i-y, Lee Blaver wrote:

I thought the OP said he was going to remove the tails from the Henley
block, surely the tail won't actually be live once it's removed from the
block will it?
Or am I missing something obvious?

No, but... assuming it's a Henley block, he's still got to do
honest-to-goodness Live Working to get his tails *out* of the Henley
Block (or whatever it turns out to be), working with the thing open,
giving the securing screws *plenty* of heft (we hope they've been done
up tighter than the proverbial aqautic bird's back passage, right?), all
in an environment of known crapness and uncertain vintage. And then another
bout of Live Working when putting the new tails back into the aging
Henley-or-whatever. And there's allegedly no supplier fuse on this incoming
feed; so if there's a short on the new installation (we haven't heard the
poster make reassuring noises about taking a trusty low-ohms multimeter to
the new final circuits, have we?), the opportunity for flying shards of
damn hot copper and *severe* embarassment seems excessive.

snip

Ok, point taken.
Must learn to see the whole picture...

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com