Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Update on Mary

Don Foreman wrote in
:

I have friends here that care, other readers please ignore.

We were at Mayo Monday and Wednesday.

We now have a course of action and treatment.

Diagnosis is 99% sure that Mary's disease is primary light-chain
amyloidosis involving her heart and gut. The 1% doubt that will be
resolved with lab results not yet available concerns the particular
form of the disease but it's really a matter of i-dotting and
t-crossing confirmation of other diagnostic results.

This is an incurable disease, a form of cancer. It's akin to leukemia
in that it involves white blood cells, different in that it involves
different white cells.

Past posts suggest that Mary is a tough old bird. Yesterday's incurable
is today's tricky bit of modern medicine. I have a buddy that had stage
4 kidney cancer who is now pretty much fully cured. if he'd come down
with it two years earlier, he'd be 6 feet under.

Hang tough, both of you, and good luck.

Doug White