Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DB connectors

Karl Townsend wrote:

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 17:48:23 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Nov 4, 4:42 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Nov 3, 11:13 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" ?
wrote:
? ...
? I just clamp the connector in a small, smooth jawed drill press vise
? so i don't have to chase it around the bench. If I have many to do, I
? clamp a mating connector in the vise to save time.
? ...

I use a small one like this:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...O=24730466?PAR...

I get:

'The Enco Model Number that you entered could not be located.'

Try searching for MSC 56451263:
http://metalworking.mscdirect.com/CG...MPXNO=17738631
Better price,too.

That link worked.

Similar to the 4" one I use, and it cost me $7 new.

I got mine for free. it was my first machine shop project in 1974 for
my manufacturing engineer design and build class. We started by
casting the AL frame. Our team must have spent 400 hours setting up
and making a dozen. No such thing as an NC machine in that class. The
whole point of the class was to set up small scale manufacturing.

That class is when my love affair with metal mangling, and the
machines that do it, began.

400 hours over 12 units isn't really free.

I had mine and was using it in under an hour.

enough left over to pay them.