Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default DB connectors

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 12:19:48 -0700, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On 11/03/2010 06:51 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
I need to make up connectors like you see on the back of a computer.
My servo amps have a couple 2 row 15 pin, a 2 row 25 pin, and a 3 row
26 pin places to connect.

I'm seeing a bewildering number of possibilities in digikey. FWIW the
connector plug I'm after is similar to this pictu
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=A32073-ND

or digikey part A32073-ND. I'm not after this part, just trying to
show the connector.

I'm not at all good at soldering in tight places. I much prefer
something that can be made up by crimping. I have a Molex type crimp
tool.

can someone suggest a good series of parts for this?

Crimpers for those things need to be high quality, and the decent ones
cost $$$.

I guess I'll find out. I plan to crimp them with whatever I can come
up with and then solder before inserting. Total cost was under $20 so
I'm not out much if it don't work. Plan "B" would be to hire the job
out and get the solder type.

Karl