Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default My latest invention: Bicycle Tire Chains

Wes wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:

My wild idea is tire chains for bikes. I used to live in Minnesota, in
an apartment that was within bike distance to work. In the winter, I
couldn't bike in the snow. But there are dedicated bicyclists who might
like something like bike tire chains, to drive the bike in adverse
conditions.

Sheet metal screws from inside out, tire liner, tube.

Nah, that's studs, which are illegal on car tires in some places, and they
really suck for when the weather changes a lot. You'd have to change the
whole tire. With chains, when you come to a dry spot, you just pop off the
chains, ride across the dry spot, and remount them when you come to the next
ice & crap.

Thanks!
Rich