Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Rat lapping

On 11/04/2010 11:45 AM, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Has anyone heard of a metalworking process called "rat lapping"? I am
researching an old firm and found a reference in Google Books which
lists them as " PRODUCT — Precision Rat Lapping& Grinding". Is this
actually a process, or is it just an OCR error when it should say
"Part Lapping"?

My dog laps up little baby rabbits and birds and things -- I think he'd
lap a rat right up.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services