Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_3_] The Medway Handyman[_3_] is offline

Default Stihl Power Washer problem

Fredxx wrote:
wrote in message

Our mains water is supplied through a relatively new but longish
service pipe (about 300 m) which we installed a couple of years ago
to help improve flow rates. The local pressure, prior to
installation, was approx 7bar according to water supply company and
the flow was considered 'acceptable'. The flow has been increased
significantly since we installed the new non-shared service pipe.
Hence, I have no real concerns about the mains supply being in any
way unusual.

Before I read this paragraph my immediate thought was a high mains
pressure.

Reading that, I've reconsidered my reply about mains pressure not mattering.
That could be the problem, the incoming 7 bar might be stopping the piston
in the pressure switch returning.

Simple way to find out - use a short hose & suck water from a container -
water butt or similar. If it works properly your mains pressure is the
problem.

Thanks Freddxx :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman