Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Just a few thou can ruin a joint.

"Larry W" wrote in message
In article
,
GarageWoodworks wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BExGi9HbLSM

Neat demonstration of the need for woodworking accuracy.

It is neat, but they cannot demonstrate any real need for the
pricey tools they sell

I have the "tool" and have used it more times in the last year than I
thought I would ever use it. In particular I needed to create muntons for
my tower bed project earlier this year. Basically I inserted fake window
frames in 8 openings in my head board and foot boards. The pieces were
3/32" thick and all joints were lap joints. Perfect fit for all 96 joints.