Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Furnace Output Pipe - How Loud Is Yours?

On Nov 3, 10:14*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
On 11/3/2010 1:21 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I have a Goodman 90+ furnace with a 3" PVC output pipe, which ends in
vertical T.

Here's a side view, with W being the wall:

W * * * |
W-------|
W * * * |

I've always thought that it makes more noise than it should when the
furnace is on. It's sounds like a steam pipe at a factory.

If I were to compare it to anything, I'd say it is 3 - 4 times louder
than my AC compressor.

Is that normal?

Goodman eh? *LOL. *They do make some noise. *I'd say mine is 50 times
louder than my a/c unit. *My a/c unit is very very quiet. *I'd say
standing right next to the exhaust/intake is about the same as say a
household vacuum at 50 feet.

--
Steve Barker

OK....then I'm not worried...just not happy.

Thanks!