Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gage block set question...

"Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 03 Nov 2010
19:52:48 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Larry Jaques ? on Wed, 03 Nov 2010
05:36:52 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
?On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 21:29:12 -0500, Ignoramus27744
? wrote:
?
??The life choice is to save money and remain flexible.
?
?That's only valid when your income exceeds your basic cost of living.
?Poor families (or individuals) can't -save- money unless they make
?more than they need to live on. They've already learned to use store
?coupons, cook all their meals (since dining out is EXPENSIVE, even at
?fast-food restaurants), buy used cars (and fix them themselves), avoid
?brand name items ($12 sneakers beat $265/pair Air Jordans), get food
?stamps, shop Goodwill, etc.

"Shut up and drink your beer, we're too poor to buy milk."

My big gripe when I got laid off was that I had no vices to quit
spending money.

??You cannot forecast every corporate stupidity.
?
?Verily.

And amen.

I suspect that many of those who make it through these next few
years will develop the old fashion habits of "thrift".

Some of us never lost it.

I still have the same one handed down from my Father.
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!