Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT -- pure gas

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 06:29:10 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
http://pure-gas.org/

Myself, and aparently many others. Find that the new "10% ethanol"
motor fuel gives about 15% less fuel mileage. I don't see a lot of
advantage to planting, harvesting and distilling to make a fuel that
provides less mileage. Wish I knew where to buy the old style
gasoline. Well, now, here is a list of stations that provide the old
style gasoline.

Now, you can know, also.

Got an FBO (Fixed Base Operator) near you? Buy 100 Octane aviation gas and
you're good to go.

Except non pilot/non plane owners can't legally buy it, and it has
more lead than the highest lead motor fuel EVER had (by a multiple of
something like 10) which will kill your oxygen sensors ant catalytic
converters in short order, and lead foul your plugs and valves as
well.

I use shell ultra up here in my snowblower and mower because up here
it has no hooch in it. I occaisionally use 100LL drained from one of
the planes (after long storage, or if it has accumulated too much
water, etc) in the snow blower.