Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default RC spy car as crawlspace inspection device?

Steve Barker wrote in
:

On 11/3/2010 2:16 AM, james wrote:
I want to inspect the crawlspace once in a while but don't really enjoy
crawling in it.

Can you use the trakr (RC video camera tank) to inspect the crawlspace
or is there something more appropriate? The camera would need to see in
the dark or have built-in light.

Things I want to checks are : water on the vapor barrier, rodents,
detached insulation, etc.

you could tie a light line to it incase you have to drag it back or
something. I know in one house we have, there IS no going in the crawl
space. It's about 8" from the joists to the dirt.

Oh yes there is going there. 6 mos ago the last place I rehabbed was just
that. Fortunately dry. Took wireless house phone with me for sure. If I had
a Fred Sanford "Big One" under there it would have been a CSI desert
recovery and ID by the time I was found.