Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Panasonic SA-HT900 ...

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:19:14 +0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

Has anybody got a proper paper service manual for this home cinema unit,
or access to a better Panasonic on-line copy for it, or a similar model
for their part of the world, than I have got here in the UK ? The tray
timing is completely screwed on the one I have on the bench. It looks
like someone has been 'at it' before me. The copy of the manual on the
UK Panasonic service website, is about two points to the left of useless
in terms of the reassembly / timing procedures. It is not a zoomable pdf
file, but one of those dreadful html things, where the photos and
diagrams are all gifs with a resolution of about 20 x 10 ! They appear
on the screen the size of a postage stamp - literally ... They are
totally unreadable, and no use at all. It's not as if this is a cheapo
unit. How on earth do they expect people to be able to fix the stuff,
when this is the sort of level of support that they're providing to
their service network ?

Anyways, ranting aside, I just need to get a look at the tray
re-assembly diagrams and any notes, especially in regard of relative
positionings, and starting points for the cam gear, and the tray drive
gear that runs off it.

TIA

Arfa

Don't have any info. But having worked on a similar 5 disc rotary changer
unit I wanted to wish you good luck if you couldn't find suitable
technical literature.

Think I've got what I need now, Meat - see my other reply in the thread.
Thanks for your luck wishes !

Arfa