Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT -- pure gas

On 11/3/2010 10:54 AM, dpb wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:

The the whole point of the E is to REDUCE the amount of O (oil) we
use. And if it can be done for the same price (or less) , or even a
bit more, then why not? I burn E85 in my flex fuel vehicle every
chance I get. Yes, it does get 25% less mileage, but the cost of the
fuel is usually 20 - 30% less than the regular gas at a given time.

The problem is that w/ flex-fuel and the 10-15% blends vehicles can't be
tuned specifically for the ethanol blend. It's possible for specific
fuel to get essentially equivalent mileage but not and burn a mix...

--

I don't think an engine can be tuned to get equivalent mileage since
ethanol has less energy per unit volume than gasoline. That is the