Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Complexity of dyes in kitchen cabinets (CO From)

On Nov 3, 9:58*am, Swingman wrote:
On 11/3/2010 8:48 AM, Swingman wrote:

On 11/3/2010 7:53 AM, RicodJour wrote:

Good post. One question. I didn't know that a mechanic's lien could
be recorded prior to work being done. How is that and where are you?

That's a new one on me also ... being constantly required to obtain
releases, I'm pretty familiar with Chapter 53 of the Texas Property Code
and it seems on the surface that the notice requirements would preclude
that.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on the keyboard, and since
it was surely written by the breed, there are undoubtedly trapdoors,
intended or otherwise.

I forget to add that I do recall a provision that when working with a
retainage, a lien can be filed at inception on the retainage, but I was
under the impression that it also took some type of notice and agreement
of all parties ... then again, it seems a pretty antagonistic thing to
do a client, but the guy in Robert's example sounds like he deserves it.

Wouldn't touch the guy with a backhoe, no matter how potentially
lucrative the project or what protective clauses were in the
contract. The guy should be disbarred, and I'm sure eventually will
be.