Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fuel bills, direct debits and forecast usage

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 15:56:07 +0000, Terry Fields wrote:

Southern just screwed up one of my bills but their system caught

it
before sending it out. Recent meter reading on E7 tarrif but
somewhere down the line the two readings got swapped. This would

have
plonked 70,000 units into the day rate at 15p/unit just over 10

grand
and -70,000 units at night rate at 5p/unit, approx £7,000 bill
instead of £90ish...

That happened to me!

I can't recall if it was Powergen or Eon (one was taken over by the
other, and I can't recall the timing), but I got a bill for £5800.

I never actually saw this eronous bill the system spotted it and
didn't send it out. B-) All I got was a snail mail letter that
looked suspiciously like a phishing attempt, until I read it
properly. Tried to file meter readings online but it wouldn't let me,
niether would their automated telephone meter reading service ended
up talking to a someone who took my readings then said the online
ones had gone through anyway...

I'd have sent her some flowers and a bottle of wine, but didn't know
where she was, so settled for saying 'Thanks!".

Sometimes it is a shame that one can't really thank a customer
services person properly when they do a good job for you. It's a
thankless task handling peoples compliants all the time and quite
probably being verbally abused several times a day.

--
Cheers
Dave.