gandalf

Default Advice on staining wood black

"Jim" wrote in message

I wouldn't think anything short of paint would produce a suitable black
so I was thinking about putting black laminate on the top/sides and
trimming in something like beech or maple. That would seem to make it
easier hiding the laminate edges.

Anybody have any words of wisdom?

---------------
Have you considered coloured MDF?

This stuff: http://www.avonplywood.co.uk/downloa...Price_Page.pdf

might just suit your needs. As it is the same colour all the way through it
makes it somewhat ding resistant. It'll stay black forever.

I'm thinking of ripping out some old built-in wardrobes and replacing with this
stuff, maybe the red and black. I'll need to get some samples of all the colours
to see just how they work with each other, but the pictures from he
http://www.avonplywood.co.uk/noframe...%20gallery.htm

look quite promising.

HTH