Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Vehicle Recall Notice -- 2005 Colorado

Marie wrote:
The notice reads, " ... may have a condition where contamination in
the brake light switch could cause the loss of brake lamps or
continuous illumination of the brake lamps. ...

OK, so the left brake lamp and the upper brake lamp work fine, but the
right brake lamp is out.

Would you say that this is more likely a burned-out bulb rather than a
contaminated brake light switch? With a malfunctioning switch,
wouldn't all three brake lamps fail? Thanks.

While it could be worded more explicitly, that's the way I read the
announcement. "loss ob brake lamps" I believe means all and the other
failure condition of stuck on tends to corroborate.