Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default looking for a plywood/lumber hauling trailer

wrote in message
At 25 lbs per 1/4 inch of 4X8 ply, 6 sheets of 1/2 inch is 300 lbs.
I would not hang that on the side of a car - not to mention it is
illegal to block the vision out the front side window.

Can't comment on the illegality of such a setup, G:, just that I seem to
remember seeing one in operation. ~ something along the lines of similar
carriers being used to haul sheets of glass. A few sheets of ply a few
inches south of most front side windows should still leave all or most of
those sheets adjacent to the side of most cars. I can envision a jury rigged
setup utilizing a hanger off the front side window, the rear side window and
hooked into a rear trunk/hatch might be possible. Of course safety is
paramount with a safe reasonably slow trip home being most prudent.

- Just trying to envison a possible setup that doesn't include the cost of a
trailer, trailer hitch and wiring harness for brake and turn signal lights.
Expense for a trailer necessarily includes costs for several additional
accessories.