Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gage block set question...

Ignoramus27744 wrote:

On 2010-11-02, Michael A. Terrell ? wrote:
?
? " wrote:
??
?? On Nov 2, 1:21 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" ?
?? wrote:
??
?? ? Engineers with six figure incomes have ended up homeless when their
?? ? job market changes. How is that a 'life choice'?
?? ?
??
?? Not disagreeing with most of what you say, BUT................
??
?? Anyone with a six figure income ought to have enough sense to save a
?? significant portion of that income. And also ought to have enough
?? sense to see that the job market is changing and keep learning so one
?? has skills that are what the market wants. So to me an engineer that
?? has a six figure income and ends up homeless when their job market
?? changes has made a poor life choice.
?
?
? So you're supposed to know that your employer is being bought out?
? How many years can you live on your savings? I did for over two when my
? company was bought and closed.
?
? Sometimes the work is shipped overseas with no warning to the
? employees. How is that a life choice?
?

The "choice" that Dan was talking about, is called saving money.

Sigh. Can't you read? I lived for two years on my savings. How
long could you get by with zero income?

My line of work went away within days of the terrorists destroying
the World Trade Center towers. I was laid of the Friday before, and had
one working day to find work before all high tech work left this area.

enough left over to pay them.