Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus27744 Ignoramus27744 is offline

Default Gage block set question...

On 2010-11-02, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

" wrote:

On Nov 2, 1:21 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" ?
wrote:

? Engineers with six figure incomes have ended up homeless when their
? job market changes. How is that a 'life choice'?
?

Not disagreeing with most of what you say, BUT................

Anyone with a six figure income ought to have enough sense to save a
significant portion of that income. And also ought to have enough
sense to see that the job market is changing and keep learning so one
has skills that are what the market wants. So to me an engineer that
has a six figure income and ends up homeless when their job market
changes has made a poor life choice.

So you're supposed to know that your employer is being bought out?
How many years can you live on your savings? I did for over two when my
company was bought and closed.

Sometimes the work is shipped overseas with no warning to the
employees. How is that a life choice?

The "choice" that Dan was talking about, is called saving money.