Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y
Him & Her[_2_] Him & Her[_2_] is offline

Default Workshop hoover bags and duct tape.

"john hamilton" wrote in message
Have an old Hitachi vacuum cleaner that I would like to now use around the
workshop. But after having had a bagless one for a while, I'm now
reluctant to fork out £1.50 or so everytime for replacement paper bags.

Usually, the original bags are glued at the bottom. I peeled a bag open,
trimmed off the end and re-folded. I then used a long plastic paper clamp to
keep it sealed when in use.

You could also use a couple of bulldog clips or similar.

Now you can just empty the bag when the need arises and don't have to worry
about restricted air flow / cooling etc.

Regards,

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101102-1, 02/11/2010
Tested on: 02/11/2010 18:39:58