Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y
john hamilton[_3_] john hamilton[_3_] is offline

Default Workshop hoover bags and duct tape.

Have an old Hitachi vacuum cleaner that I would like to now use around the
workshop. But after having had a bagless one for a while, I'm now
reluctant to fork out £1.50 or so everytime for replacement paper bags.

I'm wondering if it's feasible to rig up some cheap substitutes for the
Hitachi paper bags, using good old duct tape and some imagination?

It wouldn't matter how rough and ready they are. Would a material from old
cotton sheets be suitable? Has anyone any experience of such a caper?