Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default tesco npower spiral CFL bulbs

On 28 Oct, 16:14, John Rumm wrote:
On 28/10/2010 13:17, Jim K wrote:

On Oct 26, 5:45 pm, John wrote:
On 26/10/2010 15:48, sm_jamieson wrote:

Tesco had some npower / gov sponsored CFL bulbs for 20p each. I am
relectantly starting to use some. Wattages of 11, 15 and 20 all the
same price. I got 20 of the 20W bulbs. May be crap, but should be
bright enough. Surely can't be bad at that price ?

When you have tried em, stick a review on he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...L#User_Reviews

intelesting

is there a "low" energy equivalent for those 240v 60w 9inch horizontal
clear glass filament bulbs - we have a few picture lights with them
in.... (like a halogen flood bulb in style and appearance but a lot
bigger - held in by sprung fittings at either end... you know!!)

Yup, I know the things... looooong filament on a row of mini pylon wires
every inch or so. Like :

http://cpc.farnell.com/ge/60sl-cl-22...221mm-clear/dp...

CPC had some low energy versions, but now say "no longer stocked":

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-lite/stri...-saving-strip-...

(the search key is "s15" or "s15s" which is the type of connection on
each end.

--

thanks john, this one slipped by in all the excitement

Jim K