Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of Pool Heaters

"DD_BobK" wrote in message
On Nov 1, 2:04 pm, "JimT" wrote:
This is the first year I've been able to use my pool heater in the fall
because I got a heater earlier this year (266k BTU Rakpak Nat Gas) capable
of heating the pool in a reasonable amount of time. I plan to use it into
December if the weather holds out.

The pool is an outdoor, in-ground, 10.5k gal pool. I'm in Central Tx.

I've been kicking the heater on about 5pm to go swimming about 8-9pm. I
keep
it anywhere between 83 - 87F.

Is it best to leave the heater on all the time or shut it down until I
want
to go swimming like I have been?

Jim

It's always best to turn the heater off...... as long as you turn it
on soon enough to get it up to desired swimming temp.

cheers
Bob

====

Thanks. That does make sense. What would be nice is if the heater had a self
timer to activate the cycle for me.

In the winter months I plan to run the pump at night and keep the heater
about 35 (F) in case of a freeze.

Jim