Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default diesel fuel in a home fuel oil furnace?

On 11/1/2010 3:51 PM, nerys wrote:
responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ce-285510-.htm
nerys wrote:
Around here (Egg Harbor Nj)

Home Heating oil is $2.90 a gallon 100 gallon minimum plus delivery charge.

Diesel right down the street is $2.95

Off Road Diesel 1 mile down the road is $2.70
Diesel at same station $2.88

Wanna guess which I use in my heater? yes I have 2 5 gallon gas cans just
for filling my tank.

here diesel has 64 cents of road tax added to it per gallon.

I want some heating oil company to explain to me why their oil is not 64
cents cheaper than diesel when they are precisely the same thing.

I would also love to know why those gas stations are allowed to rape you
for off road diesel as THAT ALSO should be 64 cents cheaper than the price
of diesel.

Grrr makes me so mad

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Blattus_Slaf wrote:

lp13-30 wrote:
Right now Diesel is about $3.249 at the pump. Several people have
posted
in here in the last few days about heating oil being almost
exactly the
same price, so it looks like there would be no benefit in using
Diesel
in a heating system, or heating oil in a Diesel vehicle, from a
cost
standpoint. Larry

Here diesel is $3.59 and fuel oil is that minus the taxes, around $3.20

Fuel oil is always cheaper than diesel because it is not taxed.

That "store bought" fuel may not wanna flow when it's 20 below. Heating
oil is straight #1 diesel. You won't find that at the pump. And the
mix you do find at the pump will not burn as hot and may cost you by
using more and causing excessive build ups in the furnace.

--
Steve Barker