Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Round holes with flat bottoms

On 11/01/2010 11:00 AM, Wild_Bill wrote:
Yep, I knew the downfeed had to be changed as soon as I saw it. I ended
up making a different knob and added a dial indicator for Z adjustments.

There are several other methods of changing the downfeed.. one includes
a small gearbelt, two pulleys and a handweel/crank. I think I saw this
modification in the Chaski 3-in-1 Machines forum.

There are lots of refinements that most of the Chinese machines need.
They aren't particularly difficult modifications, but they can involve
significant amounts of time.

A big knob and a dial indicator (or a clever mount for a digital
caliper) would go a long way to making it more usable.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services