Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Complexity of dyes in kitchen cabinets

We have just asked him whether the two island pieces can be stained with a
different dyes (he uses dyes rather than stains). He said that it would
cost an extra $750.

I, also, would like to know his rational for that additional cost.

Kind of sounds like the decorator, who was redecorating my brother's
house. She had made a list of things to be done. My brother decided
one item was to be scratched from the list. His bill, to that point,
denoted a 2 hours charge for scratching the item off the list. He
fired her! He hasn't been returning her subsequent phone calls.

Sonny