Posted to alt.home.repair
Sam Takoy[_2_] Sam Takoy[_2_] is offline

Default Complexity of dyes in kitchen cabinets

On 11/1/2010 12:43 AM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

We are getting kitchen cabinets made by a local custom cabinet maker.
The total cost of the project is about $20k.

We have just asked him whether the two island pieces can be stained
with a different dyes (he uses dyes rather than stains). He said that
it would cost an extra $750.

I did not expect to incur an extra cost here, so I was very surprised
by this answer. Before I ask a follow up question, I'd like to educate
myself as to what might the reason for the extra cost. My naive
thought was that there should not be an extra cost to closing a jar,
putting it back on the shelf and opening a different jar, but clearly
there is more to it than that.

What is it?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

You are willing to spend 20.000, modifications according to sales price.

So you are saying there is no intrinsic additional cost?