Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Router recommendations

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Advanced Beginner is what i'd call myself. I want to purchase a new
router that will be sufficient 'till i get further along into more
complicated things later. I'm currently attracted to a Milwaukee model
that comes with a fixed base and the plunge base. I'd like something
powerful enough to put in and out of a router table and mostly work with
red oak.

thanks for any and all input.

--
Steve Barker

I have the 2-1/2 HP Milwaukee *and* the same size Bosch. If you're inclined
toward the Milwaukee, get it. You won't be disappointed.
I have the *big* Milwaukee in a router table and it's terrific but it's too
heavy and too strong for hand held use......IMHO.

Max (of RORT)