Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Router recommendations

On Oct 31, 8:26*pm, David Paste wrote:
On 31 Oct, 20:08, "dadiOH" wrote:

If it doesn't have a way of fixing the depth rod you can easily fix it -
just add another nut on the depth rod and jamb them together to lock the
depth.

Cheers for the suggestion, but there isn't a way to do this. I have in
the mean time, however, figured out a way of making a depth lock by
using some threaded rod and extending it through the plunge-handle
holes. It'll be a bit Heath-Robinson, but then again, all the best
things are!

I, of course, had to Google Heath-Robinson and found myself, nose-deep
in a wonderful world of fantastic silliness.
I was not aware of the man and his work ( although some prints look
familiar) and I have no idea how that ever escaped me.
Thanks for that!