Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Router recommendations

On Oct 31, 1:17*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
Advanced Beginner is what i'd call myself. *I want to purchase a new
router that will be sufficient 'till i get further along into more
complicated things later. *I'm currently attracted to a Milwaukee model
that comes with a fixed base and the plunge base. *I'd like something
powerful enough to put in and out of a router table and mostly work with
red oak.

thanks for any and all input.

--
Steve Barker

The 1 3/4 HP single speed is not reccommended. The 2 1/4 HP unit VS
is. I had several Milwaukees and always liked them. The single speed
1-3/4HP is a screamer and just not very useful.

I have since bought the Ridgid kit and really like it. Certainly good
value. The plunge base is smooth and the dust collection is pretty
good....for a router that is. A silly as it may seem, the LED lighting
built in to the Ridgid is actually quite useful.

Still hard to beat that 2. 1/4HP Milwaukee though...... the extra
money might be worth it, depending on your wallet.