Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Sorta near on topic, setting toe in.

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Jim Wilkins writes:

After it dries I lower the vehicle,
roll it back and forth to let the wheels spread out, and measure
between the lines front and rear.

Using trig to get the appropriate differences?

Scaling / proportion.

I changed out the tie rod ends yesterday, and I was very glad to have my buds pickle fork
that fits an air hammer. It took rattling from that along with a hammer strike on stud to
free each outer rod.

Put the new joints in, took it for a quick test ride to see where the steering wheel was
going to point and it was centered. Quick check with tape measure showed it was close
enough so I tightened the lock nuts and called it good.

Feels like a new car.

Wes