Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default wring 50 conductor cable

On 29 Oct 2010 22:44:59 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

SNIP
Were these the ones without insulation -- just two sets of flags
around the insulation and gripping the stripped wire (Type F) -- or the
pre-insulated ones (P.I.D.G. -- "Pre Insulated Diamond Grip") which are
a more stable insulation support. Normally, I've found the latter type
to be very reliable over the years -- at least if crimped by AMP tools
as designed.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Hey DoN,

No insulation on the terminals, and no "flags" to support the wire.
Plain old crimp style and using #18 (mostly) stranded wire. I have no
idea how the factory crimped them.

Quick Google didn't get the AMP ones, but here's the "good" T&B
Stakons

http://www.tnb.com/ps/endeca/index.cgi?a=nav&N=592+1010+3414+4294955692&Ntt=