Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default DE-Rusting tools a bad way.... courtesy of Nick Engle.

On Oct 30, 1:56Â*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 30, 1:35Â*pm, Robatoy wrote:

On Oct 30, 12:55Â*am, RicodJour wrote:

My perspective is that if they want to use the good knives, they must
have good habits. Â*If not, there's a whole drawer full of sketchy
knives they can play with. Â*This goes for adults as well as kids..

Sketchy? Do you go to my kid's high school? G Sketchy is NOT a word
that means what you think it means, Rico.

Arguing semantics with me is like arguing with the dictionary.

sketch·y€‚ €‚/ˈskÉ›tʃi/
€“adjective,sketch·i·er, sketch·i·est.
1. like a sketch; giving only outlines or essentials.
2. imperfect, incomplete, slight, or superficial: a sketchy meal.

or a thesaurus

thesaurus results
Main Entry: Â* Â* sketchy
Part of Speech: Â* Â* Â* Â* adjective
Definition: Â* Â* rough, incomplete
Synonyms: Â* Â* Â* coarse, crude, cursory, defective, depthless, faulty,
imperfect, inadequate, insufficient, introductory, outline,
perfunctory, preliminary, scrappy, shallow, skimpy, slight,
superficial, uncritical, unfinished, vague

At least six of those synonyms apply to the word as I used it. Â*Maybe
there is hope for the younger generation. Â*

As Mr. Monk would say about my hangup with words, "It's a
blessing...and a curse."

Oh, its usage may be correct (legal) but it's still lame.
And that is where the legalistic 'word' communities falls flat on
their faces. Many need to learn the difference between what is
accurate and legal, and what is appropriate. The hip and cool use
words like sketchy which is why I wondered why you selected it.