Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Lathe electrically "hot" due to VFD? WTF?

On Oct 29, 8:50?am,
On 2010-10-29, Dave wrote:

?Is electrical work as tightly regulated in the US as it is here? We've had
new laws ("statutory instruments" that don't go before a vote in Parliament)
inflicted on us that pretty much outlaw DIY electrical work beyond replacing
an existing switch, light fitting, socket or piece of damaged cable etc.
(and not even that in the bathroom and kitchen!), the local council building
control office have to be informed and handed inspection certificates

You have quite insane gun control too, now people cannot own guns and
cannot install receptacles, pretty weird country I would say.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/...in_starts.html

Most ridiculous.

They will probably ban water next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw