Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default crabtree mcbs

andrew wrote:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:23:14 +0100
Stephen wrote:

I've bought some crabtree mcbs (starbreaker?) from screwfix, as I
couldn't find anyone cheaper. They look slightly different to my
existing ones. I know there was a recall not so long ago but I
thought these ones were not affected, so why the redesign? Is it
just a coincidence? Are the changes just cosmetic or have the
internals been improved?

I don't know about the changes but I did notice the recall notice in
TLC referred to 3 brands and inferred that they were all made by the
same factory.

AJH

Volex, Crabtree and Wylex. All owned by Electrium. Plus the recall extended
to rebadged MCBs such as Newlec, Steeple, Sector and Alto.

--
Adam