Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I asked my left foot. There was no answer. What does your left foot
say? I don't go to public libraries. The last time I went, I asked if
they had Marquis' Who's Who?

"Er, no," said the librarian.

"Encyclopedia Judaica?" I inquired.

"Ah, not that either," was the reply.

"The Congressional Record? The Federal Register? The History of the
Peloponnesian War? Lysistrata?"

"Sorry"

"Well, what DO you have?"

"Oh we have the best sellers, hand puppets, art work, video games,
on the spinner over there, historical romance paperbacks (leave two,
take two), newspapers, magazines, public computers, all kinds of
things," came back the tabulation.

They DID have all kinds of things. But fulfilling their classic role
as a repository of knowledge? Not a chance.

Was it a university library or as my darker cousins say "lieberry"?
8-)

No, it was a local neighborhood library.

In my view, it, and others like it, should be burnt to the ground and the
ashes scattered.

Take no chances.