Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

As this is a fragmented thread, let me address SM.

CY: Permissiong ranted.

This is typical of Mormons. They don't even know what they believe in
because the whole religion is a Pansy scheme, with a pyramid
structure.

CY: Pansy? Oh, it's a flower group, then? Flower power!

As you go up, the stairs narrow, and the need to know diminishes.

CY: It's been my experience that the higher ups really know their
religion.

For the
lower tiers, it is just good to know that you pay your vig (errr
pardon me,
tithe), and you are taken care of. Visiting teachers, special
unemployment
office, help with this and that. They are taught the basics and
that's all.

CY:Everyone in the church is encouraged to learn as much as we can.

As I read the Book of Mormon, the refugees headed east out of
Jerusalem and
then eventually went to the New World. For you to say,

As I understand it, the folks leaving Jerusalem went west. But, I
could be mistaken. I've never really asked.

speaks volumes of how much you have investigated your own faith. You
are a
mere robotic follower if you don't even know what you understand, and
have
never asked for clarification.

CY: Actually, you're quite mistaken.

For the record, I am an apostate. A Son of Perdition in the Mormon
church.
Google that. For a quick definition, I'm a particularly bad form of
Mormon
who has rejected the religion, and will spend my eternity in a
specially
painful hell. I was a member of the LDS faith, even a priest.

CY: I'd figured you are apostate.

What swayed me was reality, common sense, history, hypocrisy, and the
overall sense that God was not God, but Joseph Smith, and the idea
that men
could become gods and arrange their hereafters and eternities, which
is a
direct clash with the Bible. Also, the teachings that the Bible was
faulty,
and the other documents provided by the church, although altered
yearly,
were true and correct, even though if they were, they wouldn't need to
be
altered every printing to clear up "misunderstandings."

CY: Yep, you're a party line apostate.

Chris, I wish you well. I hope you investigate your own faith enough
never EVER make the statement again, "I've never really asked."

CY: I hope sometime that you realize whose spirit you have, and
return to the Church of Jesus Christ.

Thousands of people have ended up dead in all manner of cults
following just
such behavior and worshiping idols and false prophets.

CY: I'll let you know if we ever get an idol, or false prophet.

Even agnostics and atheists have a much more plausible argument in a
common
debate than, "I never really asked."

CY: Actually, I do. But, you'd not be sincerely interested.

Get out before it is too late.

CY: Return to the fold, lest you die in your sins.

Steve

Chris