Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Oh, and in case you missed it, the economy crashed when that Bush
fella was still in charge, and the signs of what was coming had been
apparent (at least to some people) for quite some time. Your
depiction that it all happened only when the Dems took over is
delusion.

The Dems took over Congress in January 2006.

(since corrected to January 2007)

Ask your left foot when the war began, and read about how badly it was
planned. Hire a private detective to help you find your public
library, you ignorant old fool.

I asked my left foot. There was no answer. What does your left foot say?

I don't go to public libraries. The last time I went, I asked if they had
Marquis' Who's Who?

"Er, no," said the librarian.

"Encyclopedia Judaica?" I inquired.

"Ah, not that either," was the reply.

"The Congressional Record? The Federal Register? The History of the
Peloponnesian War? Lysistrata?"

"Sorry"

"Well, what DO you have?"

"Oh we have the best sellers, hand puppets, art work, video games, on the
spinner over there, historical romance paperbacks (leave two, take two),
newspapers, magazines, public computers, all kinds of things," came back the
tabulation.

They DID have all kinds of things. But fulfilling their classic role as a
repository of knowledge? Not a chance.