Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default wring 50 conductor cable

On 2010-10-29, Brian Lawson wrote:

[ ... ]

We had a lot of units that used maybe 100 to 150 AC relays on the
panel and wires all with AMP manufactured solderless connectors
crimped on from the factory, mostly fork type. Most are sorta "pilot
duty" and don't carry much current. After 10 or 15 years, the wires
break JUUUUSSSSTTT inside the crimp end of the AMPs, but the stranded
wires have become brittle and stay right in place, so we get
intermittent faults. Bitch to find!!

Were these the ones without insulation -- just two sets of flags
around the insulation and gripping the stripped wire (Type F) -- or the
pre-insulated ones (P.I.D.G. -- "Pre Insulated Diamond Grip") which are
a more stable insulation support. Normally, I've found the latter type
to be very reliable over the years -- at least if crimped by AMP tools
as designed.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564