Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default DE-Rusting tools a bad way.... courtesy of Nick Engle.

That's a great idea. Thanks.

I don't recommend this. I have tried mineral spirits, acetone, alchohol,
etc... nothing will get rid of the smell. 1month after it still stinks.

Use charcoal briquetts. Just grind them up into a powder and coat the
tools with them. After 24 hours clean and rinse. The charcoal has some
kind of negative charge or something that sucks up smells. I think it
would work just to pile them all in a closed box together for a few
days with no powderizing.

Can use briquetts to get rid of cat **** oder, etc. But don't use
after.