Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default wring 50 conductor cable

On 29 Oct 2010 06:04:54 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

SNIP

Do you mean "ring" out? (The old way, before voltage sensitive
semiconductor devices, involved a battery, a long wire, and an electric
doorbell or buzzer -- thus the "ring". "Wring out" sounds like you
are trying to get rid of water from it.

SNIP

Wring and ring sort of go hand in hand with this:

Ode to My Spell Checker

Eye halve a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea.
It plainly marks four my revue miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a quay and type a word and weight for it to say
Weather eye yam wrong oar write.
It shows me strait a weigh as soon as a mist ache is maid.
It nose bee fore two long and eye can put the error rite.
Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it,
I am shore your pleased to no.
Its letter perfect awl the way.